Tuesday, July 22, 2014

snip


Ellen: Is it easier raising boys or girls?

Safaree: Boys! It's like with the boys, everything was so smooth. It was all good. It wasn't really a lot of difference. Now when she was pregnant with a girl, everything was crazy. That's how you know it's girl stuff. Everything breezy with boys, but with a girl it was crazy snacks and moods. Like Nicki wanted to do what she wanted when she wanted even if it's waking someone up at 3 in the morning to watch something like the brave little toaster. I look over and she's crying talking about it's sad that the master hasn't used the old vacuum cleaner. Like what does that movie even mean? It can be 4 in the morning and she wants to go to a grocery store to buy like a simple 4 pack of gingersnap cookies to dip in this frosting she ate the entire pregnancy. I can go to Sam's Club and buy a 24 pack case of oreos with frosting already in it but no. Ain't that crazy? Like just eat a poptart and let me sleep.

Ellen: So I take it you prefer sons.

Safaree: Yeah, I love my little guys. I mean I love my mini queen too but it was Nicki that was dying for a girl. I was just happy with whatever. I was never specific.

Ellen: So you'll just hope for the healthy baby.

Safaree: I think everybody prays for a healthy baby. If we had a sick baby, we'd love it no less than our other coons.

Ellen: Mini queen, huh?

Safaree: She's in training.

Ellen: Is she in control?

Safaree: She thinks she is. She even has a scream like it's how she gives demands.

Ellen: Do you have a favorite child?

Safaree: India.

Ellen: I thought you preferred sons!

Safaree: Yeah, but she shades Nicki the most.

Ellen: Tell me about it.

Safaree: Nicki hates when I get attention from the kids. She wants to be the favorite parent the kids run behind so when they run behind me, she's usually somewhere in the back giving the side eye being a loser.
Ellen: Do you find it annoying when she does the side eye?

Safaree: You kind of get used to it.

Ellen: So that's not the most annoying thing?

Safaree: The most annoying thing... is when she hogs my pillow.

Ellen: Really?!

Safaree: I don't even know how or why but she always end up laying on her pillow and sleeping on mine. Like I got a big head so I need space. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and my head close to falling off the bed but I look over and she's good and comfy.

Ellen: Does Nicki snore?

Safaree: She'll huff and puff the skin off my face.

Ellen: I take it she sleeps in your face.

Safaree: Yeah, sometimes. Mostly we face each other, other times we'll just spoon.

Ellen: How does that work when she's pregnant?

Safaree: She sleeps on her back most of the time. It's rare that she will turn over on her side.

Ellen: How is she when she's pregnant? Does she give attitude? Does she like to be touched?

Safaree: She's not like the ladies that don't want you to touch her. She wants you to touch her and stuff. Like she wants you to rub her belly, massage her feet, rub her back and stuff.

Ellen: One thing you hate about Nicki when she's pregnant?

Safaree: You can't ever go against her when she's pregnant. You're always in the wrong if you mess with a pregnant woman and Nicki takes that to the extreme. You can't be mean, you can't say no, you can't disagree, you can't not want to, you can't with anything that's the opposite of what she's on. She play the emotional card so quick. And she doesn't even get emotional. She's just always the same. But that's her game and she's gonna get her way.

Ellen: Is that just for you or that goes for everyone?

Safaree: Everyone. Even the little coons.

Ellen: Do the kids ever pile up in the bed with you two?

Safaree: I drag them out of the bed all the time. I don't know who they think they are.

Ellen: They take over, huh?

Safaree: They will definitely try. Especially if they post up and watch movie after movie. They will all stretch different ways and leave me no room to get in my own bed. I'm like a piece of furniture sometimes. Caleb will turn your leg into an arm rest stabbing you with his elbow. Sheldon will put his big head right in your view so you can't even see the tv. It's crazy.

Ellen: Do you have a big bed?

Safaree: Yeah, it's big. I think that's why they like to climb in it. They got a lot of space. It's crazy how small bodies can take up so much space.

Ellen: But it's plenty of space when it's just you and Nicki?

Safaree: Yeah, but we always end up right next to each other like we are in a small bed.

Ellen: You two seem inseparable.

Safaree: We are.

Ellen: You remember what attracted you to Nicki?

Safaree: Nicki was very strong minded. And that's with everything. She's always known what she wants. She'll know what she's working towards. She'll know it all and have her mind set on it. I was the type who just went with the flow. I was content with just making it in the moment. Nicki was more ambitious. I admire that cause she is so strong minded about life and she brings that out of me. I think that's one of the things I was really attracted to. She knows what she wants and what she don't want. And she's fearless when it comes to letting you know. Like she will bite your head off but not to be like a bitch or whatever like people would say. But she acts like that because she cares. It's something about a woman with a good head on her shoulders. You got so many women who just rely on surviving off of being a gold digger or being lazy in life. That's not attractive.

Ellen: Yeah?

Safaree: Yeah. And she has sexy eyes.

Ellen: Oh now we're getting somewhere.

Safaree: Everything is sexy about her.

Ellen: And she wears the sexy outfits.

Safaree: Yeah.

Ellen: Did you ever have a problem with that? Were you offended by her going in public showing off like that?

Safaree: If she was doing it just because then I wouldn't like it. I know she does some stuff as part of work. They label her as a sex symbol so she will throw a tease out there, but it's nothing I hold a grudge about. It's mine.

Elen: So did you ever feel some sort of jealousy when other men approached her? You know, try to talk to her and flirt with her.

Safaree: Nah, we laugh at them.

Ellen: Have they ever approached her in front of you?

Safaree: A lot back then when we kept our personal lives private and no one knew.

Ellen: What's the craziest thing someone's said to her in a situation like that?

Safaree: One time some dude said something about drop these chicken dinners and get with a winner. We were just like what? We laughed for the longest after that. Til this day, she will still joke around some time calling me a chicken dinner at random.

Ellen: But she likes chicken, so it all works out. Tell us about the tattoos that you got of Nicki.

Safaree: Oh yeah, I got plenty of tattoos. I got her face like twice.

Ellen: Do they have any significance or just random tattooes?

Safaree: I just like the picture so I go get it. I got her name on my chest. That's the one with significance. That's why I put it there. The other ones are just because I think they're cool.

Ellen: Does Nicki secretly have your name tattooed anywhere?

Safaree: Nah, she's not into tattoos. She'll look at em but she's scared of getting them.

Ellen: You think she would ever get another one like a spur of the moment thing?

Safaree: She will dance around the idea but she definitely wouldn't get it. So she just come with me and walk around looking at stuff. Like she would want to get meaningful things like the kids names and stuff like that but she won't go through with it. She'll just like the idea of it.

Ellen: Then you can get em.

Safaree: No, she's not going to want me to get her ideas.

Ellen: So she accompanies you at the tattoo parlor?

Safaree: A couple of times. She came along to keep me company.

Ellen: What else do you two do together like that?

Safaree: I went to this paint thing with her. Like it was her and Sherika going to this place for this relaxation thing where they do a bunch of meditating stuff and I dropped by for a little during the painting part. It was no big deal. Everyone had the same picture but you had to paint it in. She brought it home thinking she was Picasso.
Ellen: Did that become one of her new hobbies?

Safaree: She did it again and I saw she liked it so I bought her a few of them so she could do them whenever she wanted. But I think she likes it more actually going out and doing it. She won't have to worry about the kids bothering her or messing with it.

Ellen: There's some things you have to do away from the kids.

Safaree: Yeah.

Ellen: You have things you have to do away from the kids?

Safaree: I kind of like the kids around when I do stuff. Everything I like, I want the kids to like. That way when I give it up only because I have to, they can carry it on.

Ellen: Do you force things on them? Like are there things that they don't like but you try to push it on them?

Safaree: Only thing I can think of is Sheldon doesn't like jewelry like I do. He doesn't like anything. I mean nothing. Nothing at all. It's weird. Who doesn't like jewelry?

Ellen: Is Caleb into jewelry?

Safaree: Yeah. He wanted a chain like mine.

Ellen: He get one?

Safaree: Nah, Nicki was buggin. He got a small one. He'll upgrade when he gets older.

Ellen: Maybe Sheldon will take an interest by then. But hey, does he like the bikes?

Safaree: Yeah, yeah. I got him one because he was always climbing on Caleb's bike. Long as he feeling that, we good.

Ellen: You pick up a lot of hobbies. What's your latest hobby?

Safaree: I haven't really picked up nothing new unless it's work related. I don't know.

Ellen: Oh, tell me about your business. You were doing the clothes at first and you kind of took a huge leap over to something else that has nothing to do with clothes.

Safaree: Actually, it was linked. I was doing the clothes that turned into something bigger than just my line of custom shirts. Then I had the idea to do like bike gear. It was supposed to be it's own section but at the same time I was spending a lot of time at different shops. I'm obsessed with that stuff. I grew up with that stuff. So one day I was just like I should open my own shop and sell bike gear.

Ellen: And it went bigger?

Safaree: Yeah, I hired a few guys who got crazy talent and they customize bikes. So it's like a fantasy I made a reality. I turned my hobby into work. I'll never get tired of it.


Ellen: Did you see yourself where you're at now 10 years ago?

Safaree: No way.

Ellen: Where'd you think you'd be?

Safaree: Somewhere working a job I hate just to make it.

Ellen: You were into the music thing, right? Why are you laughing? Was that funny?

Safaree: It's crazy you brought that up.

Ellen: Is it something you think you would have been into?

Safaree: Nah. It was just something to do. Like when you trying to come up, you go for hustles. It was something we was good at and tried but I don't think I would have made a career out of it. It wasn't a passion or anything.

Ellen: So that's all Nicki.

Safaree: Yeah, that's all Nicki.

Ellen: Do you two have hobbies that you share?

Safaree: I mean we don't have like the same stuff we like to do because we have that in common but it's more like we will do what the other likes every now and then to spend time together.

Ellen: What kind of things?

Safaree: I'm big on being fit now so sometimes she will work out with me.

Ellen: You two don't usually work out together?

Safaree: I mean I do my thing with my guys. She does her things with her trainer. We have different workouts so nah we don't work out together. So sometimes when we work out together, it's just us playing around and stuff. It's like having fun with small little competitions and just goofing around.

Ellen: What kind of competitions?

Safaree: Nicki will make a competition out of anything. She swear she can keep up. She got better, I give her that but let's be real. She's not keeping up.

Ellen: What's the most impressive move in your workouts together?

Safaree: You know what... she's actually good at crunches. She used to struggle. Now like she will be holding India and busting like 50 crunches like it's all a game. I think her playing with the kids like that actually got her to that point.

Ellen: So the kids are her workout.

Safaree: Now that I really think about it, yeah. Like she will really be holding a baby up like over her head supporting her with her knees and busting these crunches while kissing her. And sometimes Caleb stands on her feet and count for her. That's how I know how many she does.

Ellen: Do the kids ever join in and have a family workout?

Safaree: I got Caleb some light weight bells. Sheldon has these fake ones. They think they're working out. Caleb a trip. He will have a towel and water like he really doing something. That's my guy though.

Ellen: Sounds like the kids always find a way to be around.

Safaree: Yeah.

Ellen: What's one thing you used to do around the house that you can't do now because of the kids?

Safaree: Like... obvious stuff.

Ellen: Oh, of course but besides that.

Safaree: It's so much stuff.

Ellen: A lot?

Safaree: The way Nicki is about the kids, you got to watch a lot of stuff you do and say. She doesn't want them picking up certain stuff.

Ellen: Bad habits.

Safaree: Yeah, just usual stuff I agree to but it's crazy how serious it is. Like burping and passing gas.

Ellen: You can't burp or pass gas?!

Safaree: I mean like you can't laugh like it's all funny. She don't want them to be doing it then laughing.

Ellen: She wants them to have good manners.

Safaree: Yeah. Yelling for no reason. There's none of that. Wild horse playing is for outside. Just stuff like that.

Ellen: Nothing major. Just everyday mother rules.

Safaree: Yeah, yeah.

Ellen: So do you burp and laugh with the boys?

Safaree: We get in trouble every time. India's the only one that can get away with bad manners. She's so lucky.

Ellen: What's something your boys told you to do that got you in a heap of trouble with Nicki?

Safaree: Man. I don't know what happened and I don't know how it happened but we ended up in a pet store.

Ellen: No pets allowed?

Safaree: Definitely no pets allowed. We had a puppy for a little but that was Tiona's little friend. So it went with Tiona. Other than that, because of the traveling we are used to, Nicki always had this thing about pets.

Ellen: But you spend more time at home now.

Safaree: Yeah, that's why I didn't see the problem. I think Nicki was just stuck on that set rule from the past. I got caught up hanging with my little guys one day and we ended up in a pet store. Next thing you know, I'm at home trying to dodge hits and explain to Nicki why we are setting up this tank.

Ellen: What did you get?

Safaree: Turtle. Caleb has this obsession with the ninja turtles. He looked at the puppies, the hamsters, and all that good stuff but he was all over the glass for these turtles. I talk Nicki into letting the guys get a turtle.

Ellen: Oh, so she agreed?!

Safaree: Eventually. We had a week to figure it out. We set up everything it needs and come back to pick it up.

Ellen: So that ended well.

Safaree: Nah, I actually came home with four turtles instead of just one. I couldn't dodge those hits for nothing.

Ellen: It's always something, huh?

Safaree: Always something. We just have our own ways of handling stuff. We handle it differently.


7 comments:

  1. I love the interviews. Lol im mad this sounds so realistic. HOW? teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at his whole interview revolving around Nicki and her bossy ways. They both brought up her hogging the pillows :(. These interviews seems so real!! It's so crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this!!!! Wah this is cute! Thanks for posting xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssss I loved this, can't wait for the whole chap. Why can't they ever be great like this foreal lmaoo

    ReplyDelete